Thursday, 31 December 2009

Happy New Year!

Dear Friends,

Another year has passed. Where did it go and what did I achieve in it?

You know the answer to that question better than I do. I want to thank all my readers from the bottom of my heart for your support throughout my writing and photography adventures over the past two and a half years. For me, blogging about the food I buy, grow, prepare and cook for my family, and describing the photographs of my hometown was a way to get me started in writing, and that's what I want to do now - I want to continue to write, with no limitations, because there is so much more that I want to write about, which I am sure you will want to read, eventually, that is, when I get it all written down.

Beach umbrellas stored away for next season

And that's my New Year's resolution: to keep on writing, to inform you, and above all, to keep you entertained. I will be closing this blog (but it will remain on the web), and continuing to write at Organically Cooked. My posting will not be as regular as before, but whenever you look me up, you can rest assured that you will leave with a smile on your face.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year,
With love,
From Hania, Crete

16 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too! Καλή Πρωτοχρονιά!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful resolution and I wish you much luck. And I hope that one day, we will see your writings unfurled — like the beach umbrellas for the summer. :)

    Wishing you a peaceful and love-filled new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK then, good luck and have fun writing (as we do reading you). See you over at Organically Cooked.

    At the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Χρόνια Πολλά και ευτυχισμένο το Νέο Ετος!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a book from your hand your 2010 goal? It's a wonderful target and I wish you much inspiration! I hope you've already recieved your present from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha, Friend!
    Hauoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year)

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a wonderful story teller and I'm looking forward to your new writings. I hope you leave this blog up so we can peruse at will. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year my dear friend Maria. All the very best for you and your lovely family for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the happiest New Year too! Loved travelling with you in your world here! Like Paula, I too hope this blog is still accessible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kali Xronia Maria!!
    Keep up your very good work.
    It is so nice to follow your excursions around Crete not to mention all the explanations how to cook the Cretan way.
    lars
    Kriti stin kardia mou

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria! Happy New Year!!
    We'll follow you... Organically... ;)

    Blogtrotter has reached 500 posts on all blogs with some views of «La Petite France, Strasbourg», truly missing your comments! Enjoy and have a first great week in 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated Happy New Year from -15 degrees below :-). "Warmed" by the Gulf Stream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to miss your regular posts from Hania but I see you are travelling soon so I'm sure you tell us about those in due course. Have a good journey and I'll look forward to your future tales.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Maria.
    I will miss your posts here but i can't wait to read your book..... so write, write, write...

    ReplyDelete
  15. "A cloud does not know when it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed...It feels an impulsion...this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know,too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizon."
    ~~Richard Bach

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter Maria! I've tried to find you at your other blog but I can't. It doesn't appear. Anyway I hope you're ok. And that I miss you and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete